Bible Story Craft for Baby Moses is Born
For this craft you will need:
1. For Baby Moses, construction paper, or felt pens, crayons or paint, your choice of color
2. For the basket, construction paper, green or brown, or cardboard; or felt pens, crayons or paint, green or brown..
3. For the reeds, green construction paper, or green felt pen, crayon or paint.
1. Cut out baby Moses, paste him onto construction paper. Have the children draw his face and color his blanket wrappings.
Explain to the children how Pharaoh ordered all the men children to be killed, and how Moses’ mother wanted to save her son. (Exodus 1 – 2:2)
2. Cut out the basket, trace it onto green or brown construction paper or color it green or brown. Have the children paste baby Moses onto the basket.
Explain to the children how Moses’ mother put him into the basket which was made of bulrushes. (Exodus 2:3)
3. Cut out the reeds and trace them on green construction paper, or color them green.
Explain to the children how Moses’ mother placed the basket in the reeds by the edge of the river, how his sister watched him, how Pharaoh’s daughter found the basket among the flags and how she decided to keep baby Moses. Explain how baby Moses was given back to his own mother to feed him, and how he later on went to live with Pharaoh’s daughter, and how she named him Moses because she drew him out of the water. (Exodus 2:3-10)