Jesus Heals a Sick Boy – John 4
One day Jesus came again into Cana of Galilee where he had made the water wine. There was a certain nobleman whose son was sick at Capernaum. When he heard that Jesus had come from Judea into Galilee, he went to Jesus and pleaded with him to come and heal his son, because the boy was at the point of dying.
Then Jesus said to him “unless you see signs and wonders, you will not believe.” but the nobleman said to him “Sir, come down or else my son will die.” And Jesus said to him “Go your way home, your son lives.” And the man believed the words that Jesus had spoken to him and he went on his way home.
As he was coming home, his servants met him and told him “your son lives.” Then the man asked his servants what time it was when his son began to get better. And they told him that it was the day before at the seventh hour that the fever left the child’s body. So the father knew that it was at the same hour that Jesus had said to him “Your son lives.” and so the father believed, and so did all those in his house.
And this was the second miracle that Jesus did when he came from Judea into Galilee.
Memory Verse: John 4:50 “Jesus saith unto him Go thy way, thy son liveth” And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him……”
1. What was the name of the town in Galilee where Jesus had made the water wine? Answer: Cana
2. Why did the nobleman come to Jesus? Answer: His son was at the point of dying and he believed that Jesus could heal him.
3. What did Jesus say to the man regarding his son? Answer: Jesus told the man that he should go home because his son lived.
4. What did the man do when Jesus told him his son lived? Answer: he believed what Jesus had spoken to him and he went on his way.
5. When the man was coming home, when did the servants tell him it was that his son began to get better? Answer: at the same hour that Jesus had told him his son lived.
6. What did all the people of the nobleman’s house do? Answer: they all believed.