Peter Heals a Crippled Man – Acts 3
One day Peter and John were going to the temple to pray, and they came across a man who had been crippled from his birth. And every day he was carried and laid daily at the temple gate which is called Beautiful, and there he asked for money from the people who were going into the temple.
When he saw Peter and John going into the temple, he was about to ask them for money when Peter and John looked right at him and Peter said “Look on us”. The man looked at them, expecting that they were going to give him some money. But Peter said “I don’t have any silver or gold, but that which I have I give to you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.” And he took the crippled man by the right hand, and lifted him up and immediately his feet and ankle bones grew strong.
The man stood, and walked, and went with them into the temple, and he praised God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God. They knew that it was the man that had sat at the Beautiful gate asking for money, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.
As the crippled man that had been healed held Peter and John, all the people ran to them to the porch that is called “Solomon’s” wondering what had happened. But Peter said to them “You men of Israel, why are you so amazed at this? Why are you looking at us as though by our own power or holiness we made this man to walk? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his Son Jesus, that you delivered up to be killed when Pilate wanted to let him go. But you desired a murderer to be set free, and have killed the Prince of Life, whom God has raised from the dead of which we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name has made this man strong, whom you see and know, yes, the faith which is by him has given this man perfect strength in front of all of you.
But brethren, I know that it was because you didn’t understand that you did it. And these things, which God had shown by the prophets that Christ should suffer, he has fulfilled. Therefore repent and be converted, so your sins may be forgiven. And God shall send Jesus Christ, which was before preached to you, when the time is right.
Memory Verse: Acts 3:6 “…..In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
1. How long had the man been crippled? Answer: From his birth
2. How did he get to the beautiful gate? Answer: Every day he was carried there
3. What did Peter say to the man? Answer: He said “I don’t have any silver or gold, but that which I have I give to you: in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
4. Why did everyone in the temple run to Peter and John? Answer: Because they were amazed that the man could walk who had been crippled
5. How did Peter tell them that the man was healed? Answer: He was healed by faith in the name of Jesus
6. What did Peter tell them to do? Answer: He told them to repent and be converted.