Peter Raises Dorcas from the Dead – Acts 2
After the day of Pentecost, Peter was traveling through the country and he came to a place called Lydda. There was a man named Aenaeus, who had been sick from the palsy for eight years. And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus Christ makes you whole. Get up and make your bed.” And he got up immediately. And every one who lived at Lydda saw him and turned to the Lord.
While Peter was in Lydda, he was near to a place called Joppa, where there lived a certain follower of Jesus named Tabitha, who was also known as Dorcas. This woman did many good works. But it came to pass that she became sick and died, and after her friends washed her they laid her in an upper room. Because Lydda was near to Joppa, the other followers of Jesus, who were called disciples, heard that Peter was there, and they sent two men to Peter and asked him to come to them right away.
So Peter arose and came with them. When he came to Joppa they brought him to the upper room where all the widows stood weeping, and showed all the coats and other garments Dorcas had made while she was with them. Peter sent them all out of the room, and kneeled down, and prayed, and turned to the body of Dorcas, who was called Tabitha, and said “Tabitha, arise”. And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sat up. Peter gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and the widows, he presented her alive to them.
And it was known through all Joppa, and many believed in the Lord. And Peter stayed many days in Joppa with a man called Simon, who was a tanner of hides.
Memory Verse: Acts 2:42 “And it was known throughout all Joppa, and many believed in the Lord.”
1. By whose name did Peter make Aeneas whole? Answer: By the name of Jesus Christ
2. Where did Dorcas live? Answer: In a place called Joppa
3. How did Peter come to Joppa? Answer: The disciples knew he was in Lydda which was near to Joppa so they sent two men to go get him.
4. What did Peter do before he raised Dorcas? Answer: He prayed
5. What happened when the people heard about Dorcas being raised? Answer: Many believed in the Lord.