Psalm 100 – A Psalm of praise or thanksgiving
1. Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all you lands.
2. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3. Know that the LORD is God: it is he that has made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful to him, and bless his name.
5. For the LORD is good; his mercy will last forever, and his truth will last through all generations.
What an important psalm this is. Verse 3 tells us that the LORD is God. Not was, but IS, was, is now, and forever will be.
Verse 3 also tells us that God made us, we are his people, and “the sheep of his pasture” David said in Psalm 23 “the LORD is my shepherd” He leads us according to His will for us.
So in this psalm we are told to sing joyful songs before the LORD, and to serve him happily. We are to be thankful, and give praises to His name. Because the LORD is good, and his kindness towards us (mercy) is now and forever, and his truths (which are found in his Holy Bible) will last to all people for all time.
This psalm is written for people who are saved by faith…