Bible Story Craft for Adam and Eve
For this craft you will need:
1. Two of Adam’s covering (one shoulder) , heavy paper or cardboard
2. Two of Eve’s covering, heavy paper or cardboard
3. Leaves, green construction paper, green paint or green felt pen or crayon or real leaves
4. Fake fur or brown paint or brown felt coloring pen, or crayon
1. Cut out two of Adam’s covering (one shoulder), paste on heavy paper or cardboard.
2. Trace leaves on green construction paper, or use green paint, felt pen, or crayon to color them. Make as many as you need to cover the first of Adam’s covering’s
3. Cover the second of Adam’s coverings with fake fur, or brown felt pen, or crayon. If you believe as I do that it was a lambskin that the LORD covered Adam and Eve with, you could use cotton puffs to cover it or use white felt pen or crayon.
Follow the same instructions as for Adam, except use the covering made for a woman.
Explain to the children how Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and how they tried to cover themselves with fig leaves, but how the LORD God, in his graciousness, “did make coats of skins and clothed them” (Gen 3:21)
Note: This story shows how we cannot cover our sins by our own works, but when we receive the Lord Jesus as our Savior, our sins are covered by the shedding of His precious blood. The animal skins provided by the LORD God necessitated the killing of an animal, thus blood was shed, a beautiful type of Christ.