Bible Story Craft for Cain and Abel
For this craft you will need:
2. Construction paper, color of fruit or felt pens or crayons
3. Cotton balls, made in smaller pieces
1. Cut out Cain’s bowl, paste on cardboard, color it whatever color you like.
2. Cut out fruit, they could be apples, oranges, peaches, or whatever you like, plus grapes. Paste on appropriate colored construction paper, or paint them what color you like.
3. Paste fruit on top of bowl.
4. Cut out Abel’s lamb, paste on cardboard
5. Cover its body with the cotton pieces, or color it white.
Explain to the children how Cain offered to the LORD the things he had grown himself, the works of his hands. (Gen 4:3) Then explain to them how Abel offered to the LORD “of the firstlings of his flock” (Gen 4:4) and how “the LORD had respect to Abel and to his offering: but to Cain and to his offering he no respect.” (Gen 4:4-5) Explain how Abel’s offering was different from Cain’s because it involved the slaying of an animal, a lamb, and how the Lord Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God who died for our sins.