Bible Story Craft – The Birth of the Savior Lord Jesus
1. For the manger, Cardboard or heavy construction paper
2. Straw, or yellow wool, or strips of yellow construction paper
3. Little doll, wrapped in cotton strips (optional if you just want to tell about the Lord Jesus)
3. For the star, glue, glitter or silver foil.
4. For the lamb, cotton puffs in small pieces
5. For the box, vessel and jar, construction paper, crayons what color you like.
Instructions: (from Luke 2 and Matthew 2)
1. Cut out the manger, and paste it on cardboard or trace it onto brown construction paper. Color it brown.
2. Glue to the top and sides pieces of straw, or pieces of yellow wool, or strips of yellow construction paper.
Explain how Mary and Joseph could find no place to stay in the Inn, and how they stayed in the stable. Explain how Mary placed baby Jesus in the manger. (If you have a little doll that would fit, wrap it in cotton strips and place it on the straw on the manger)
3. Prepare the Lamb by putting it on heavy paper and covering it with cotton puffs, or paint it white. Explain how the angels appeared to the shepherds and told them about the birth of the Lord Jesus, and how they went right away to see him. Tell them how the Lord Jesus is called The Lamb of God.
3. Prepare the star by covering it with glue and putting glitter on it, or wrap in silver foil. Explain how the three wise men came from the east following the star, and how they wanted to worship the baby Lord Jesus.
4. Cut out the box, the jar, and the vessel and place on heavy paper, color as you like. Explain how the box held gold, the jar held frankincense, and the vessel held myrhh. Explain how these are precious things, for the precious Lord Jesus.