Psalm 15 – David’s psalm of those who will be in heaven with the LORD
1. LORD, who shall live in your dwelling place? who shall live in your holy hill?
2. He that walks honestly, and does things from a holy heart, and speaks the truth in his heart.
3. He that does not speak evil of one who is absent, nor does evil things to his neighbour, nor speaks shameful things against his neighbour.
4. In whose eyes a wicked person is despised; but he honours them that fear the LORD. He that makes a vow and will not break it so that it will not bring God’s anger upon himself, and one that doesn’t change.
5. He that does not use his money so that he will gain interest, or profits at the expense of the innocent person. He that does these things shall never be moved.
David tells us what the person who will dwell with the Lord is like.. He is an honest person, one whose actions are from a holy heart, one who speaks the truth that is in his heart.
One that does not speak wrong things about his neighbour behind his back, one that does not do evil things to his neighbour, and one who does not speak shameful things to his neighbour.
One who dislikes wicked people, but one who thinks very highly about those who fear the LORD.. again this is a respectful fear of our all-knowing, all-powerful, sovereign God.
One who makes a vow and will not break it so that God’s anger will not come upon him, and one who doesn’t change.
One who does not use his money to make more money, or in such a way that innocent people would be harmed.
He that lives his life in this manner and does these things, shall never be moved away from the LORD.