Bible Story Craft for Feeding of Five Thousand
1. For the basket: cardboard, or brown construction paper, or brown paint, felt pan or crayon.
2. For the loaves: beige construction paper, or beige paint, felt or crayon.
3. For the small fish: grey construction paper, or grey felt or crayon.
Explain to the children how there were a great many people following the Lord Jesus, more than five thousand people. Tell them how the disciples wondered how all the people were going to be fed, and then tell them that there was a boy with a basket with five loaves of bread and two small fishes
1. Cut the basket out, paste on cardboard and color it brown, or trace it onto brown construction paper and cut it out.
2. Trace the loaf five times onto beige construction paper, or trace it onto other paper five times and color beige. Put the five loaves on top of the basket.
3. Trace the fish two times onto grey construction paper, or trace it two times onto other paper and color grey. Put the two fish on top of the basket beside the loaves.
Explain how a boy had five loaves, and two fish, and how the Lord Jesus took the loaves and fishes and gave thanks for them. Explain how there was enough food to feed all the people with enough left over to fill twelve baskets.