Bible Story Craft for Jesus Calms the Storm
Print one boat out for every child in your class…
1. Heavy construction paper or cardboard, glue or paste.
2. For the sail: beige pieces of fabric, or beige paint, felt pen or crayon
3. For the mast: piece of wood or brown paint, felt pen or crayon
4. For the boat: pieces of wood or brown paint, felt pen or crayon
5. For the waves, blue pieces of fabric, or blue paint, felt pen or crayon.
1. Trace the boat onto cardboard or heavy construction paper.
Tell the children how one day the disciples and the Lord Jesus got into a boat to sail over to the other side of the lake.
2. Glue or paste pieces of wood onto the mast and the boat, or color the mast and the boat brown.
Tell the children how the Lord Jesus fell asleep on the boat as it sailed, and then a great wind came up and the boat was filling with water..
3. Paste or glue pieces of beige fabric where the sail is, or color the sale beige. Paste pieces of blue fabric for the waves, make sure they come far up the boat, or color the waves blue.
4. Tell the children how the disciples woke the Lord Jesus up saying “Master, Master, we perish!” then tell them how the Lord Jesus got up, and spoke to the wind and the water, and that they began calm.
Impress upon them how the Lord Jesus is in control of everything.