Bible Story Craft for Jesus, Martha and Mary
For this craft you will need:
1. A bible or, for the bible drawing, cardboard, crayons, felt pens whatever color you like.
2. For the bowl, construction paper, whatever color you like, or felt pens, crayons or paint, whatever color you like.
3. For the fork and spoon, brown construction paper, or brown felt pen, crayon or paint.
1. Cut out the bowl, trace it onto construction paper, color it as you like.
2. Cut out the fork and spoon, trace onto brown construction paper, or color them brown.
Have the children take the bowl, the fork and spoon, and pretend to be stirring something and placing it on the table and serving it. Explain to them that when Jesus came to the house of Martha and Mary, Martha was very upset because she was doing all the work. Tell them that Mary was sitting at Jesus’ feet listening to everything he said and taught.
3. Cut out the drawing of the bible, trace it onto cardboard, and color it, or have a real bible with you.
Take your bible, and explain to the children that Jesus was talking to Mary and teaching Mary the words that are contained in the Old Testament of the bible because the New Testament was not written yet.
Explain that Jesus told Martha that she was anxious and troubled about a lot of things, but that the only thing that was needful was to listen to Him, which is what Mary chose to do, and that He would not take that away from her.
Explain to them that reading our bibles is the best thing that we can do too.