Bible Story Craft/Activity for Lazarus and the Rich Man
For this craft/activity you will need:
1. For the bowls, construction paper, whatever color you like; felt pens or crayons, what color you would like the bowls to be.
2. For the food, construction paper, white; felt pens or crayons what color you like
3. For the dog, cardboard; felt pen or crayons what color you would like the dog to be
4. Popsicle stick
5. Four children, one to be Lazarus, one to be the Rich Man, one to be an angel and one to be Abraham
1. Cut out the large bowl, trace it on construction paper, color it what color you like. Cut out the chicken, trace it on white construction paper, color it brown or what you like. Paste it onto the large bowl.
2. Cut out the smaller bowl, trace it on construction paper, color it what color you like. Cut out the rest of the food, color it as you like, and paste it onto the small bowl.
Let the child who is the rich man sit at the table, and pretend to eat the food. Let the child who is Lazarus be laid some distance from the rich man. Explain to the children that he was a beggar, and all he wanted were the crumbs that fell from the rich man’s table.
3. Cut out the dog, trace him on cardboard, color him as you like, paste the popsicle stick to the dog’s belly vertically.
Take the dog by the popsicle stick and walk it to the child who is Lazarus and explain to the children how the dogs came and licked Lazarus.
Then explain how the beggar died, and have the child who is the angel walk with the child who is Lazarus away together. Explain how Lazarus went to a place a which was called “Abraham’s bosom” Then explain how the rich man died too, and have the child who is the rich man walk by himself to a place separate, but in sight of the other two. Explain that this was a place of pain and suffering.
Let the child who is the rich man ask the child who is Lazarus to come and bring him water because he was in pain. Then let the child who is Abraham tell the child who is the rich man that he cannot pass over. Let the child who is the rich man ask for someone to go tell his brothers. Then let the child who is Abraham tell him that even if one rose from the dead, they would not believe.