Bible Story Craft for Rahab and the Spies
For this craft you will need:
1. For the flax, real lengths of straw, or yellow construction paper, or yellow felt pen, crayon or paint.
2. For the scarlet cord, heavy dark red cord or thick red wool or red felt pen, crayon or paint
3. For the window, heavy brown construction paper or cardboard.
1. Use real lengths of straw, or cut out the drawing of flax and color it yellow or trace it onto yellow construction paper.
Explain to the children how the spies were sent by Joshua to spy out Jericho and came to Rahab’s house. Tell them how Rahab had heard and believed that the LORD had given them the land, and how she wanted her family to be saved from death. Tell them how she hid the spies with the flax from the king’s men. (Joshua 2)
2. Cut out the drawing of the scarlet cord and color it dark red, or take the piece of wool or cord if you have it. Also cut out the window and trace it onto brown construction paper or cardboard, or color it brown.
Explain to the children how Rahab let the spies down by the cord through the window of her home. (Joshua 2:15)
3. Take the cord or drawing of the cord you have colored red, and paste it in the window.
Explain to the children how the spies told Rahab to put the cord in the window of her house, and how it would protect her family as long as they stayed in the house. (Joshua 2:18-19) Explain how when Jericho fell Joshua saved Rahab and her family because she hid the spies.