Bible Story Craft for Gideon
1. For the trumpet; cardboard or heavy construction paper, white or grey or white or grey felt pen or paint.
2. For the lamp with the fire; heavy construction paper, orange and red felt pen, paint or crayon for the fire; whatever color you want for the lamp.
3. For the pitcher, heavy construction paper, whatever color you like.
1. Trace the trumpet onto cardboard or construction paper color it white or grey…
2. For the lamp with fire, trace it onto construction paper, color the fire orange and red, color the lamp whatever color you desire.
3. For the pitcher, trace two pitchers onto construction paper, color as you like, staple them together at the front, back, and bottom.
4. Drop the lamp with the fire, inside the pitcher that has been stapled together.
Explain to the children how Gideon, after the Lord brought the number of his men down to 300, gave each man a trumpet, and a pitcher with a lamp within the pitcher. (Judges 7:16)
Tell them how Gideon told them to circle the camp and blow their trumpets and say “The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon” (Judges 7:18)
Tell them how the men blew the trumpets and broke the pitchers and held the lamps in their left hands, and the trumpets in their right hands and blew the trumpets and cried “The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon… (Judges 7:20)
At this point have each child shake the lamp out of the pitcher and hold the lamp in their left hand and the trumpet in their right hand.. have them shout “The sword of the LORD, and of Gideon.”
Tell them how the Midianites ran and cried and fled. ..