Bible Story Craft for David is Anointed
For this craft you will need:
1. For Samuel’s horn filled with oil; white or grey construction paper or white or grey felt pen, crayon or paint.
2. For David’s shepherd’s staff; heavy brown construction paper, or brown felt pen, crayon or paint.
3. For the sheep; white construction paper, cotton puffs.
1. Trace Samuel’s horn on the construction paper, or color it white or grey..
Tell the children how the LORD told Samuel to take his horn and fill it with oil, and call Jesse and his sons to the sacrifice, and how each one of them passed before Samuel, but none of them were the Lord’s chosen… Tell them how Samuel asked Jesse if he had another son, and how Jesse told him about David, the youngest, who was keeping the sheep. (1 Samuel 16)
2. Trace David’s shepherd’s staff onto heavy brown construction paper, or color it brown.
3. Trace the sheep onto white construction paper, glue on pieces of cotton puffs for the wool…
Explain to the children how David used his staff to protect his sheep. Tell them how David was brought to see Samuel, and how the LORD told Samuel “Arise, anoint him: for this is he.” and how Samuel took his horn with the oil in it, and anointed David in the middle of his brothers, and how the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day.