Bible Story Craft for Ruth
1. For the gleanings in the field, yellow construction paper, or yellow paint, felt pen or crayon.
2. For the bowl of water and cup, whatever color you like, blue for the water.
3. For baby Obed, white construction paper, whatever color you like for the blanket and bed, pencil to draw in his face.
1. Trace the gleanings on the yellow construction paper, or color it yellow.
Explain to the children how Ruth stayed with Naomi, her mother-in-law, after their husbands died, and how Ruth told Naomi, “where you to, I will go; where you live, I will live, your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.” Tell them how they went to Bethlehem at harvest time, and how Ruth wanted to pick the leftover grain in the fields to provide food for them..
2. Trace the bowl of water and the cup onto construction paper, color as you like, but color inside the bowl blue for the water.
Explain to the children how Ruth went to glean in the field of Boaz, and how he told his servants to leave some grain for Ruth, and when she was thirsty, to drink from the water his young men brought.
3. Trace baby Obed onto construction paper, have the children draw in his hair, eyes, nose and mouth, and color the blanket and bed as they like.
Explain to the children how Boaz desired to marry Ruth, but first he had to go to a relative who was nearer to her. Explain how the nearer relative did not want to marry Ruth, and so Boaz married her and Ruth gave birth to a baby they named Obed.
Tell them how happy Naomi was, and how baby Obed was the grandfather of king David.