Bible Story Craft for Lord Jesus Triumphant Entry into Jerusalem
For this craft you will need:
1. For the palm tree branches you will need green construction paper or green paint, felt pen or crayon.
2. For the clothing you will need white construction paper and paint, felt pens or crayons in the colors you desire.
1. Cut out palm branch, trace it as many times as you like on green construction paper. Cut out so children each have a branch.
2. Cut out coat and cape, trace them as many times as you like on white construction paper, let the children each have a coat or a cape and color them as they would like.
1. Explain to the children how, after the raising of Lazarus, Jesus and his disciples were coming close to Jerusalem, and Jesus sent them to get a donkey that had never been sat on before. (Luke 19:30)
2. Tell the children how Jesus rode the donkey into the city of Jerusalem and have the children throw down their palm branches, coats, and capes as though Jesus was passing by. Explain to the children how the people called out “Hosanna to the son of David: blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest!” (Matthew 21:9)
Explain that the priests were not pleased at all that the people were calling Jesus the Son of David.