Bible Story Craft for The Last Supper
1. For the table, a piece of construction paper, colored as you like.
2. For the bread, a real loaf of bread, or beige construction paper, or colors as you like for the bread.
3. For the cup, a real cup filled with grape juice, or construction paper, colored as you like for the cup, plus dark red for the grape juice.
1. Trace the drawing of the table on a piece of construction paper, make sure there is some space around the edges of the table. Have the children draw the people around the table, each by their place. The Lord Jesus is at the centre of the top of the table. Explain how, the night the Lord Jesus was betrayed by Judas, he gathered the twelve apostles around him where he told them that one of them would betray him.
2. Have a real loaf of bread, or trace the drawing onto beige construction paper or color the drawing as you like. Explain how the Lord Jesus took the bread, and gave thanks, and broke it and gave it to them saying “Take, eat, this is my body which is given for you: do this to remember me.” Explain how the bread is a symbol for his body. If you are using a real loaf of bread, perhaps you could break it, give thanks, and pass it to the children, so they will understand it more clearly.
3. Have a real cup filled with grape juice, or trace the drawing onto construction paper, and color inside the cup dark red, or color the drawing and color inside the cup dark red. Explain to the children how the Lord Jesus took the cup, and after he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. (Mark 14:23) Tell them how the Lord Jesus said “This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for you.. ” Explain that this is a symbol of his blood.
Tell the children how, after this Judas left, and later on the Lord Jesus went to the garden of Gethsemane where he was betrayed by Judas and arrested.