Bible Story Craft – The Passover
1. For the doorposts, pieces of wood nailed together would be best, or cardboard colored brown, or brown construction paper..
2. For the lamb, cardboard or heavy construction paper, cotton puffs for the wool.
3. For the blood on the door post, red paint, felt pen or crayon
1. Have the three pieces of wood nailed together, or trace the drawing on cardboard and color it brown, or trace it on brown construction paper.
Explain to the children how the LORD told Moses he was going to pass through Egypt on a night, and all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast would die.. (Exodus 12:12)
2. Trace the lamb onto cardboard or heavy construction paper, color the legs and face white or what color you like, paste on cotton puffs for the wool.
Explain to the children how each household took a lamb into their house, where it lived with them for a time in the house, and then it was killed in the evening to provide the blood that would protect those in the house.
3. Take red paint or red felt pen or crayon and put red on the top of the doorpost, and each side.
Explain to the children that the blood of the lamb was put on the doorposts, and each side post, to protect all who were in the house when the LORD passed through to kill all the firstborn in the land of Egypt. Tell them that everyone who was in the house protected by the blood of the lamb remained alive, because the LORD passed over the house when he saw the blood.
Explain to the children that this is a picture of the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Lamb of God, who shed his precious blood to atone for our sins on Calvary’s cross.