Bible Story Craft for Joshua and the Gibeonites
1. For the bread it would be best if you could get some dry, moldy bread, or else use some white construction paper, beige and blue paint, felt pens or crayons.
2. For the wine bottle, some suede or leather, or construction paper, light brown paint, felt pens or crayons.
3. For the coat of one of the Gibeonites, an old coat with holes and tears in it, or construction paper and colors you like for the coat.
1. get some moldy bread, or cut out the drawing of the bread and trace or paste it on construction paper, color it beige with blue spots on it for the mold.
2. sew a piece of suede or leather into a bag, make some wear marks on it or cut out the drawing and paste or trace it onto construction paper. color it light brown and make some wear marks on it.
3. get a coat or other pieces of clothing, cut some tears and holes in them, or cut out the drawing and paste or trace it onto construction paper. color it what colors you like, and cut holes into the construction paper.
Explain to the children how the people who lived in Gibeon heard about how Joshua had taken Jericho, and so they made a plan to protect their people by pretending to be people from a country far away.. so they took dry, moldy bread and old wine bottles, and put on old clothes and shoes, and went to Joshua. Tell the children how Joshua made a peace agreement with them, but when he found out that they were from Gibeon, he kept his peace agreement but the Gibeonites became servants for the altar of the LORD.