Bible Story Craft for David and Goliath
1. For Goliath’s helmet; heavy construction paper, gold, or gold paint, felt pen or crayon.
2. For Goliath’s large spear; heavy construction paper, brown and grey paint, felt pen or crayons.
3. For David’s sling, real or fake leather is the best, or brown construction paper, felt pen, paint or crayon.
4. For the five smooth stones, the best is five smooth stones, or construction paper, color for the stones as you like.
1. Trace Goliath’s helmet on heavy construction paper, color it gold
Tell the children that Goliath had a helmet of brass upon his head, and he wore a coat that was five thousand shekels of brass.. (1 Samuel 17:5) He also wore brass on his legs and brass between his shoulders.
2. Trace Goliath’s spear on construction paper, color the beam brown and the point grey.
Tell the children how Goliath’s spear was like a log, and the head of the spear weighed six hundred shekels of iron..
3. Have a piece of leather formed into a sling, or trace the sling on construction paper and color it brown.
4. Have five smooth stones, or trace the stones on construction paper and color them as you like.
Tell the children how David went to fight for Israel armed only with his sling and five smooth stones.. tell them how he said to Goliath “You come to me with a sword and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel.”, and then tell them how he put one stone in the sling, and threw it at Goliath’s forehead, that the stone sunk into Goliath’s forehead and he fell down on the earth (1 Samuel 17:49) And that David ran up to Goliath and slew him with his own spear.