Note: this story is quite violent and I hesitated to post the craft, but due to the fact that there have been searches for a craft for this particular story, I am posting the craft below.. please use discretion whether or not your children are ready for this story.
Bible Story Craft for Jael and Sisera
1. For the blanket; a real blanket, or piece of fabric, or construction paper and color you like for the blanket in paint, felt pen or crayon.
2. For the bowl of milk; use a real bowl with milk in it, or construction paper and colors you like for the bowl and white for the milk in paint, felt pen or crayon.,
3. For the spike; a tent spike if you have one, or cardboard or construction paper and color you like for the spike in paint, felt pen or crayon.
4. For the hammer (mallet); cardboard or construction paper and brown felt pen, paint or crayon.
Explain to the children how Sisera ran away on foot from the battle with Barak and went to the tent of Heber the Kenite because there was peace between them.. tell them how Jael, the wife of Heber went to meet Sisera and told him to not be afraid, and come into the tent.
1. Show a real blanket, or piece of fabric, or cut out the drawing of the blanket and paste or trace it onto construction paper and color as you like.
tell the children how Jael covered Sisera up with a blanket.
2. get a real bowl and pour some milk into it, or cut out the drawing and paste or trace it onto construction paper, color the bowl as you like, but color the inside white for the milk.
tell the children how Sisera asked for some water to drink because he was thirsty, but she gave him a drink of milk instead.. tell them how milk would make him tired, but water would not. tell them that Sisera asked Jael to stand in the door of the tent and tell anyone who came that he was not in the tent.
3. get a real tent spike, or cut out the drawing of the spike and paste it onto cardboard or construction paper color it brown or silver.
4. get a real hammer (mallet) or cut out the drawing and paste it onto cardboard or construction paper, color it brown.
tell the children how when Sisera was asleep Jael went and got a tent spike and a hammer and went quietly into Sisera and hammered the nail into Sisera’s head in his temple. then tell them that when Barak came looking for Sisera, Jael went to meet him and told him that Sisera lay dead.
tell them that Deborah said that Jael shall be blessed for killing the enemy Sisera. (Judges 5:24-31)