Bible Story Craft – Elijah and Widow of Zarephath
1. For the raven: cardboard or construction paper, black paint, felt pen or crayon.
2. For the bread, beige construction paper, paint or felt pen to color it as you like.
3. For the meat, beige construction paper, paint or felt pen to color it as you like.
4. For the jar of oil, construction paper, colored as you like
5. For the barrel of meal, construction paper colored as you like.
1. Trace the drawing of the raven onto cardboard or construction paper, color him black.
2. Trace the bread and the meat onto construction paper, color them as you like.
Explain to the children how Elijah was sent to tell king Ahab that there would be no rain or dew, and that Elijah was then sent by the LORD to the brook called Cherith, where he would have water to drink. Tell them how the ravens came and brought him bread and meat every morning and every evening, because the LORD had commanded them to feed Elijah. (1 Kings 18:1-6)
3. Trace the drawing of the jar and the barrel onto construction paper and color as you like.
Tell the children how, after the water in the brook dried up, the LORD sent Elijah to a place called Zarephath to a widow, and how the LORD told Elijah that as long as Elijah lived with her, the barrel of meal and her jar of oil would not run out until the day that the LORD sent rain upon the earth.. Tell the children that there was only enough oil and meal for one more meal when Elijah came, but after that the jar of oil and the barrel of meal were never empty because the LORD provided for them. (1 Kings 17:9-16)